Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Delhi Diary Page -7 "Rape vs Delhi"

                                                                      
                                                                   'A'
      Articles under this category may contain mature themes, sexual references, and infrequent use of crude language.

Hello guys,

 It’s a long gap indeed. Don’t ask me the reason you will not be interested in hearing it.  Don’t get scared to ‘A’ mark above. if we can watch some ‘A’ movies why can’t we read one ‘A’ article. As a writer I’m just seeking the freedom of expression. Coming to the point.

 It was 10.30 at night. I rushed out from the office lift to feel the open air. “Phew , one more day gone, come on Friday where fuck are you ” I cried out myself. I moved to an auto station near the road. I wouldn’t afford to miss the Crime Patrol thus increased my acceleration.

Covering some distance, I saw an auto. Getting further near I saw a middle aged autowala chattering something in Hindi mix haryanvi holding a bottle of bear(75% full)on  one hand and a small bidi on the other.

“Bhai S block chalega” I told loud enough to penetrate through his alcohol prone ear.

“bas ye last peg sir”…..and he went for the bottoms up with two smoke of bidi as chakhna

For a new delhite the scene might have been a little weird (guessing unfortunate future of drink and drive). But don’t worry you will not get a scratch. These people are highly experienced, they have done it million times.sit back relax.

“ramesh chal baith ,aate time aur daru le ayenge”..One of his friend equally drunkard  accompanied him in front seat.

At this time Delhi’s road a used to get little dark and lonely setting a favorable atmosphere for crime. Mugging, snatching of wallets, watches and phones and other crimes happen quite often

Covering some distance I saw a girl returning from her office casually walking with ear phones dumped inside her ear. The friend of autowala chirped

“Behenchod …kya kadak piece he yaar.utarde tu mereko yahan pe”

He increased the volume of music player lipsing the lyrics of honey singh’s rap with full synchronization

“Gora badaan teri patli kamar
Solaan(16), sitraan(17) saal ke umar
Rehti tip top sunti hip hop
Ley key chaloon tujh ko main CANDY SHOP”

 Their lusty eyes got busy in scanning the girl. I was in a state of No comments but deep inside I had a fear of witnessing a crime. It was not about I could fight or not .I knew I couldn’t stop them, maybe I would return only 3 if I got 5.It was about an unexplainable fear. Leave it, how much hard I try I can never describe the feelings I had in that scenario

I switched to my phone just to avoid the atmosphere.

But to the bad luck after some distance they spotted another girl. She looked rich in a party dress (backless) walking on the road. This is exactly I didn’t understand why the hell she was walking alone.

“bhai ye to pakka randi he. Rate puch ke ate hein. Thoda pass liyo”
He shouted “Kattoooooo” trying to reach his hand to slap her bare back.

Enough is enough. The mass of the unexplainable fear weighted less in front of the courage pumped heart of mine.

I reacted “sale pagal he kya….100 number ghumauun.chup chap chal… late ho raha he….aur ye gana ..bi band karr.”

There was  complete silence after that and I was just moving fingers in my newly brought phone to look busy

I reached home, switched on the news to ensure there was no rape in Delhi that night. Crime patrol also telecasted “The nirbhaya kand episode” I couldn’t sleep. The guilty feeling for being a part that auto has made me ashamed. Don’t blame me for not doing anything I am just a middle class man who can only condemn, show remorse, uploading “stoning rapist photos” in order to protest.
Delhi has witness largest number of heinous rapes in these times. I am ashamed of living in the rape capital. I remembered when I posted a status on a social page during the eve of opening ceremony of Mumbai metro.



“Dear mumbaikar’s

Doors will open on the left, Mind the gap.

Yours’s
Delhi wala” 

One of my friends’ replied…

“Dear delhiwala’s

Don’t rape women
Yours

Rest of the world”



It’s not like rape happens only in Delhi. It’s just a center of attraction for media plus Delhi people have more male chaunastic thinking .Now don’t get me wrong in next few paragraphs. Like every other being I have also tried to find what causes men to do rape. If I can summarize my thinking on a formula I would write


Chances of Rape =

 (Rapist psychology) * (drugs effect) 2    * e(Man’s world machoism(KHHAPness))
 __________________________________________________________________
      (Fear of Law)  *  √(valued added education)
  
    The terms are self explanatory. Don’t worry about ‘square’,‘e’ etc. These symbols are just to show the importance of respective factors.  Now let us throw some light on the grey area about myths and facts. I have just read these things on net.


Myth: Rape and sexual assault are about sexual attraction and gratification.
Fact: Rape and sexual assault are all about control and domination.


Myth: A healthy person can resist being raped or sexually assaulted.
Fact: According to the Centers for Disease Control, 1 out of every 6 adult women has been a victim of rape, and approximately 92,700 men are raped in the U.S. each year. Healthy and strong people are raped every day. Rape victims are doctors, lawyers, nurses, military personnel, cooks, accountants, students—anyone and everyone is vulnerable to rape or sexual assault.


Myth: When it comes to sex, men can be provoked to “a point of no return.”
Fact: Men are physically able to stop at any point during sexual activity. Rape is not an act of impulsive, uncontrollable passion; it is a premeditated act of violence. Research shows that 50% of rapes are planned.


Myth: Anyone who is drunk or high and being a flirt gets what they deserve.
Fact: Being drunk or high is risky behavior that can have many other dangerous consequences. Rape is just one of them. People who are “loaded” are also less likely to use protection and more likely to have sex or be coerced into having sex with someone they don’t know. The bottom line: regardless of a person’s behavior, no one deserves to be raped. Furthermore, people who commit crimes while “under the influence” are still responsible for their actions.


Everybody says that to stop rape the Male machoism thinking should stop .I do agree, but it’s a long process and cannot be done overnight. But we can work on these factors like drug effects, fear of law, value added education. But I don’t agree with those barbaric punishments that you guys used to post of FB(mice eating private part of rapists).I believe we are living in a civilized society so punishments also need to be civilized. Do you know why the capital punishment is hanging? Because it is one of the painless way to death.   

But these are just my thinking, Like any other Indian I have also no clue how to seriously make this change happen.  But certainly I want to do something.

I would recommend you should watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pS0ost_A72o.

P.S.:- This may be my last page in Delhi Diary. Life has more colors I know it would force me to write again till then good bye.  Do share your views.

No comments:

Post a Comment