Saturday, November 29, 2014

Bangalore Diary page-1 "The pursuit of change"


           Bangalore, fascinating place, nice weather, beautiful girls, and lots of idli and dosa and my favorite filter coffee. It’s been 6 month in Bangalore. A semester has come to an end. Lots have been learnt, and a lot is yet to learn. This line should not make an impression of me as a geek even though I love geeksforgeeks.com I am just a crawler in the land of fast runners at IIIT Bangalore. Anyway why am I speaking all these? Let’s move.

Few days back I was telling to someone about my hobby “blogging”. It was then I realized I have a blog too even though it is less known. Ohh!! these assignments and presentation have totally imprisoned me. Nevertheless here I am again. There is one particular incident I’d like to share.

It was an fine afternoon and a pathetic algorithms class has just been finished. One of my dear friend Nitin asked "chal be chai pila....canteen wala nahin bahar wala" Including the next 5 minutes we are on the way discussing random stuffs from algorithms to networking, lecturers to college girls , Mr. Modi to Rahul Gandhi. Because our campus is too near to Infosys Bangalore we could always find their employees roaming around and that area is in strict surveillance by traffic police.

Two female employees were walking ahead in particular girly fashion and discussing

"mera boss naaa......itna line marta he mujhpe tu puch mat....kabhi kabhi lagta sale ka gala ghot duun"

"abe... rating to achha de raha he na tu kyun tension leti he paglii... chalne de jaisa chal raha he..."

We were just walking behind them enjoying the conversation. Suddenly one of them threw a chocolate wrapper on the road. It was so small that it also missed our view but someone from the behind had got microscopic eyes.

"Hello Madam, yes yes you ...", (snapping of the fingers).



We turned back to see who the hell was shouting at those beautiful chicks. There was a traffic police, middle aged, strongly built, long moustache, clean white and blue dress holding a stick and pen and papers in hands. He snapped his finger again and pointed it to the chocolate wrapper again.

The lady looked towards us, took a whole look of the surrounding to check the level of insult she got. Her face grew red, instead of guilt her face coastally reflected "how dare you shout at me" expression. It was priceless. I bet it would get 1000 likes if uploaded on facebook.

Crumpling all those insults under her stomach she picked up that wrapper and put it in the dustbin nearby. Nitin could not control his laugh. I helped the girl not allowing Nitin to put salt on her burnt wound. "abe ruk na aur thoda dekhne de..."

To distract him I asked "is there some technology that may help India to become swachh bharat?"

Being geekier than me he replied while sipping hot tea. By combining a host of technologies such as Internet of Things (IoT), Vehicle Tracking System (VTS), RFID and other sensing devices, it is possible to create an IT system for Solid Waste Management, which is adoptable, sustainable and radically more efficient.

i was like...."ohhhh is it....?"

He goes on “the actual problem is Municipalities running Solid Waste Management in most Indian cities employ trucks to collect garbage from large bins placed at various locations across the city. This Door to Door collection is marred with several problems such as: lack of control on truck’s route/schedule compliance, garbage collection, garbage transport, garbage dumping, dumping yard management
We can use

Vehicle Tracking Systems employing GPS technology can monitor movement of garbage trucks across the city.

RFID: RFID technology can do handshake between garbage truck and waste collection bins at the time of collection. It can also do the handshake between truck and garages/dumpling yards. Weight

Sensor: Weight Sensor mounted on waste collection truck can monitor weight of garbage collected by the truck.

Weighbridge: Garbage dump yard can employ weight bridge to measure the weight of truck before and after garbage collection trip. This can ensure additional check on garbage being collected and dumped.

IoT: Internet can be used to transmit information from trucks and dumping yards to Central Control System seamlessly. A host of technologies are available today including 4G, 3G.

I,after a patient hearing, baffled by the knowledge, asked how you know all these. He just a gave Mr perfectionist expression.

Lastly we completed the tea and returned to the next lecture ,got busy in our day today activities But that expression of the lady is still alive inside me.I don't know if any of the technology he mentioned will work or not but certainly I felt happy that people are changing. It felt great watching those celebrities taking brooms in their hands but it should not be seen only as a publicity grabbing stunt. Just like Modiji said we have to make it a national movement and everyone has to play his parts. I have taken my pledge will you??????

P.S.:- If you had expected a full masala love story then sorry, c'mon i am not bollywood script writer!!

2 comments:

  1. I have said it earlier and I am saying it now, u are truly inspiring me to be a writer...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golu..Thanx a lot...be inspired show me a masterpiece of yours.. :P

    ReplyDelete