Monday, July 28, 2014

Delhi diary, page-3 "An incident at CP"

Before you start reading,I want you to ask yourself a few question.

 1. What is education?
 2. What does it means to be educated?
 3. Am I an educated person?

         Confused………???. Don’t worry this small article will help you to find these answers. Let’s begin. It was a Sunday evening. I was with two of my dear friends  Sanjaya and abhisekh

Abhisekh said “what’s the plan dude?”

I immediately replied “let’s visit India gate or Rastrapati bhawan or parliament”
“Abe future lalu prasad yadav band karr tera bhasan”… an instant reply came from both my friends simultaneously.

An idea striked Sanjaya ,he said “ lets visit connaught place,suna whahaan bade maal atee hein .”

I felt it was a waste of time as none of us had the courage to really ask a strange girl out for a date. Leave about dating I knew my idiot friends would even rehearse before talking to a girl. Sometimes  friends act as if they are your boss, but you can never say “NO” to them because you just love them.

After half an hour we were at connaught place.  We could see only couples and couples everywhere at that place. Almost all of them  had held each other’s hands, some were laying on each other’s laps, and some found it hard to control their sexual desire and …then you know… what happens(I know all my readers are adults) .

Abhisekh said  ”look there is a girl standing alone lets approach her,and as I had my eyes on her first she is mine”
Sanjaya smiled back and said  “bhabi to maal he yaar,chal shadi ki baat karke ate hain”

I immediately switched on to my scanning mode. She was slim, age between 20-21(I guess) with denim jeans and a lovely sleeveless. Her heavy makeup made her face 2-inches thick. I could smell her perfume from a distance. But I was astonished when an error popped up on my scanning system. I was shocked to see a Mangal sutra on her neck.

“Guys she is married,don’t you see there is a mangal sutra on her neck”…

“Hey yaar that’s a only a necklace, how can girl of this age be married….you stay here we will go”

Then instead of talking to her they started commenting her from behind. I let them do it because they were commenting in Oriya. Who would understand oriya in Delhi
.
Suddenly she turned back. Her eyes were red. I could see the anger in her heart which was directly proportional to the intensity of the red colour in her eyes. I just need a constant to derive that equation.

When she opened her mouth the first word from her mouths confirmed my doubts that she was also an oriyan. Now she started abusing us in oriya “you oriya men are suppose to save us from these kind of people as we belong to the same state but you (little pause) ……you know I am even married (little pause……..) you are uneducated, shameless, irresponsible guys (little pause)……let my husband come,he will teach you guys a good lesson”… I saw a big black man coming from a distance with two ice creams in his hand.

 It’s not that we didn’t had the guts to reply back to her comments, but  we preferred to remain silent because we knew that every line that she spoke were true except that “uneducated thing”. Let me tell about my friends,Sanjaya  was studying in AIIMS, the best medical college in India. Abhisekh was going to take admission in IIT Kanpur for his M.tech, the best engineering college in India and I am doing a job in TCS, the best software company in India.  How dare she called us uneducated??????????????

I returned back to my room and Looked into a mirror and asked myself “am I really an uneducated person”. My inner voice replied back to me “yes you are an uneducated person”. I  asked myself ‘how??I have done engineering? ‘My inner voice replied ‘your education is seen from your behavior and not from your certificate. How mean it was on your part to comment on a lonely girl. You knew that the girl couldn’t do anything to you. This shows your education level’. Most of my readers would find it useless. They would feel like as if an old man is lecturing them. They would say this is the age to have fun why waste this wonderful time?  My point is that it’s ok if a girl doesn’t mind your comments but what if your comment really hurts her deeply. I have so many facts and figures which show no. of suicides of girls due to nasty comments. If you do not agree with me I would recommend you to watch a movie called “ZINDA  starring:-sanjay dutt” .This story is not about me and my friends, it’s about thousands of youth of our country .This issue may seem to be a very silly one but the consequences may be severe sometimes.

This time I haven’t taken a pledge this time because I have made fun of the word “pledge” in the past. but I have promised myself to try my best not to comment on any girl.I think you have answers to all the above questions that I had asked at the beginning . My dear readers please do ask yourself if you are really an educated person.

No comments:

Post a Comment